catherinejames

Shadows of Asphodel
Karen Kincy
Writer for Hire: 101 Secrets to Freelance Success
Kelly James Enger
Eternal Lover - Lynsay Sands, Hannah Howell, Jackie Kessler, Richelle Mead Pretty much bought this one for Jackie Kessler & Richelle Mead's (respective) stories - I follow both the Hell on Earth and Georgina Kincade Succubus in Seattle series. Unfortunately, neither short made this one worth the (original) trade paperback price tag. While I enjoy Ms. Kessler's writing, I also tend to forget how little empathy/sympathy evoked by the shallow, one-note protagonist Jessie Harris and the lackluster emotion stirred by her relationship with the bland-as-dry-toast, too-good-to-be-true, White Knight Paul Hamilton. As for Ms. Mead's offering - always enjoy her "Hell generates more paperwork than any human bureaucracy" political intrigue, less than enthused by the pussyfooting around in her relationship with Seth (while I found Georgie's little test of fidelity shapeshifting impersonation interesting, Seth's voluntary naivite was irritating) and the whole demons on trial was a decent, short work premise. Still not worth the $15.00 plus price tag though.