catherinejames

Shadows of Asphodel
Karen Kincy
Writer for Hire: 101 Secrets to Freelance Success
Kelly James Enger
The Desert Prince's Proposal (Harlequin Romance) - Nicola Marsh Nicola Marsh gives readers a modern day spin on the traditional fairy tale of a handsome prince sweeping the “common” girl off her feet in The Desert Prince’s Proposal, only this time our heroine is a die hard workaholic born to one of the richest and best known businessmen in Australia. From the beginning Ms. Marsh clearly established the relationship between Bria Green and Prince Samman “Sam” al Wali as a match between two equals. While Sam boasted the typical self-assuredness of many an alpha male, Marsh is careful to balance this with a quiet, introspective quality which I found rare and refreshing. While Bria measures up in terms of intelligence, skill, and independence, I found myself repeatedly annoyed by her staunch refusal to accept even the possibility that a man could be both powerful and sensitive.

At times I had difficulty suspending my disbelief with regards to certain plot devices; especially the principality of Adhara being located in the center of the middle-east, yet boasting none of the region’s coveted natural resources, or political turmoil. Overlooking the unbelievability of premise and successive events though, The Desert Prince’s Proposal deftly provides several hours of pleasant escape.